Opening a Common Good Account takes 10-15 minutes and is very much like opening an online bank account. For example, you will be asked for your social security number or tax ID.
After this page we will guide you through several short steps. Here are some highlights:
- You will be asked to sign the short but ESSENTIAL Common Good Agreement.
- You will need to upload a photo for your Common Good Card. Your photo will be encrypted and will not be visible to other members (unless you show it to them).
- You will be invited (but not required) to make a donation of any size to support the project. You decide how much (Common Good is a nonprofit).
- Your name and city will be visible to other members who may wish to select you as their proxy in the community's democratic process. more about proxies
- You will need your bank account information if you choose to connect it. Connecting a bank account makes it easier to transfer funds into and out of your Common Good account.
If you need help, please ask (our contact information is at the bottom of every page).